iBottling’s SLWG series 3-in-1 glass bottle filling and capping machine delivers versatile liquid filling solutions for beer, soft drinks, carbonated beverages, mineral water, sparkling water, and more. Our production line easily accommodates rigid containers and diverse bottle types, ensuring precision filling and high quality processes. iBottling’s rotary filling machine features automated capping, filling nozzles for accurate fills, and a user-friendly touchscreen control. Trust iBottling for your glass bottling equipment needs. Our filling machinery reliably handles small to large production volumes with speed and efficiency. Contact our experts today for your custom glass filling line solution.
Steplead certified parts with additional warranty
Less energy using lower engine speed and larger hydraulic pump.
Committed to providing a comprehensive packaging solution for glass bottle beverages, our focus is exclusively on glass bottle packaging. Our monoblock filling systems are designed to operate at speeds of up to 12,000 bottles per hour.
Beer, alcohol drinks, and premium bottled water are commonly packaged in glass bottles, which are highly preferred. The iBottling SLWG series glass filler enables the effortless and streamlined pouring of liquids in glass containers.
The accuracy of filling glass beverage products is crucial as any losses during the filling process would not be acceptable. iBottling’s filling systems for still wine, sparkling wine, and spirits ensure precise filling levels to safeguard your interests.
The best way to experience our wide collection of production layouts for your project.
Here is a list of all the types of technical questions concerning glass bottle filling machine that you can find.
The main structure of the isobaric filling machine
1. Liquid material supply device
1) Isobaric liquid material supply system
Figure 3-26 shows a simplified diagram of a liquid material supply device in an isobaric method, a filling machine used for filling gas-containing liquid materials. The main infusion pipe is connected with the distribution head on the top of the filling machine, and 6 infusion branch pipes 14 are evenly distributed at the lower end of the distribution head to communicate with the annular liquid storage tank 12. Before opening the main infusion valve, first, open the hydraulic check valve 1 on the branch pipe to adjust the flow rate of the liquid and judge the level of its pressure. After the pressure is changed, the main valve is opened. The aseptic compressed air pipe is divided into 2 ways: the pre-inflating pipe 7, which is directly connected to the annular liquid storage tank through the distribution head. The liquid storage tank can be pre-inflated before driving to generate a certain pressure to avoid liquid material. The bubbling caused by the sudden pressure drop during the first injection, causing confusion in operation. When the main infusion valve 2 is opened, the shut-off valve 5 should be closed; the other way is the balanced air pressure pipe 8, which passes through the distribution head and the off-liquid float 13 The upper intake valve 11 is connected to control the upper limit of the liquid level of the liquid storage tank. Suppose the air volume is reduced, the air pressure is too low, and the liquid level is too high. In that case, the float opens the intake valve, and then sterile compressed air is added to the liquid storage tank, and the liquid level drops; on the contrary, if the air volume increases, When the air pressure is too high, and the liquid level is too low, the low liquid level float 16 (that is, open the air release valve 18) to increase the liquid level. In this way, the air pressure in the liquid storage tank tends to be stable, and the liquid level can basically be maintained at the centerline of the sight glass 17. In the working process, the shut-off valve 6 is always in the open position.
Structure diagram of isobaric feeding device
1. Hydraulic check valve 2. Infusion main valve 3. Infusion main pipe 4. Sterile compressed air pipe (with one-way valve) 5.6. Stop valve 7. Pre-inflation pipe 8. Balance air pressure pipe 9. Distribution head 10. Adjusting needle Valve 11. Inlet valve 12. Annular storage tank 13. High liquid level float 14. Infusion branch pipe 15. Main shaft 16. Low page float 17. Sight glass 18. Vent valve
In addition, in some pipelines that use pumps to transport liquid materials, membrane valves can maintain a balanced pressure ratio between the liquid material and the compressed air to ensure the regular progress of the filling process.
2) Matters needing attention in the use of isobaric feeding device
(1) To ensure the stability of the filling process, the liquid level umbrella of the liquid storage tank must be kept at a certain height. When the air volume in the liquid storage tank is reduced, and the air pressure is too low, the liquid level is too high, the high liquid level float opens the intake valve due to the rise so that the pressure gas is injected through the valve hole, the air volume is supplemented, and the liquid level drops, thereby ensuring the liquid level. The position does not exceed the upper limit; on the contrary, when the gas volume in the liquid storage tank increases and the pressure is too high to make the liquid level too low, the low liquid level float opens the exhaust valve due to the lowering. The excess gas is removed, causing the liquid level to rise. To ensure that the liquid level is not lower than the lower limit.
(2) The connection, sealing and support of the liquid storage tank and the infusion pipe must be considered in the design.
(3) Before the gas-containing liquid material is fed into the annular liquid storage tank, the pre-inflation process must be completed first so that sterile pressure gas is injected into the annular liquid storage tank through the distribution head so that the inside is under a specific pressure state, to avoid gas The liquid material foamed due to the sudden pressure drop during filling, which caused the fluctuation and confusion of the filling operation.
(4) When the pre-inflation in the liquid storage tank reaches the set value, the valve of the main infusion pipe is opened, and the pre-inflation valve is closed by electric control.
As shown in Figure 3-27, the liquid material and compressed gas enter the annular liquid storage tank from the top of the filling or adopt a branch configuration (liquid from the bottom and gas from the top), which helps to simplify the structure of the distribution head. And beautify the shape of the whole machine, but there are specific difficulties in installation and maintenance. Regardless of the choice of a configuration scheme for the feeding device, it is necessary to consider how to properly connect, support and seal the fixed conveying pipe and the rotating upper liquid. In the figure, the upper end of central pipe 4 of the distribution head in the feeding device is connected with the stationary infusion main pipe 1, the liquid storage tank balancing air pressure pipe 2 and the liquid storage tank pre-inflating pipe 3. The stored material flows into the annular liquid storage tank through the eccentric hole of the central pipe, the pipe seat 9 and several branch pipes in sequence. The compressed air flows from the two small holes on the thick wall side of the central pipe through the upper and lower annular grooves 5 and 7 respectively and flows into the liquid storage tank and the intake valve controlled by the high-level float. The tube seat and the rotating jacket 6 are supported on a fixed central tube using two rolling bearings 8. The pipe and the jacket are sealed with several rubber rings to avoid the overflow and mutual penetration of compressed air and liquid materials.
Distributing head in isobaric feeding device
1. Infusion main pipe 2. Balanced air pressure pipe 3. Pre-inflated pipe 4. Center pipe 5. Upper end ring pipe 6. Rotating jacket 7. Lower end ring groove 8. Rolling bearing 9. Pipe seat
2. Bottle feeding system
The feeding and feeding of the machine adopt the screw feeding device.
To reduce noise, the bottle-feeding media spinning device is made of nylon 1010 material, and its structure is shown as the big bevel gear 3 in Figure 3-28. The bottle-feeding screw rotates 60 revolutions per revolution of the filling machine. In the working process, if the bottle jam occurs, the clutch 5 slips to make the spring 7 compress downward, the contact switch cuts off the motor route, and the filling machine automatically stops. When the fault is eliminated, spring 7 is reset, contact 6 is connected to the line, and filling machines usually work.
Schematic diagram of bottle feeding screw device
1. Bottle feeding screw 2. Small bevel gear 3. Large bevel gear 4. Small sprocket 5. Clutch 6. Contact switch 7. Spring 8. Tension wheel 9. Large sprocket
3. Bottle lifting mechanism
The container lifting mechanism of this machine is a pneumatic-mechanical hybrid type, and its structure is shown in Figures 3-29. The container-lifting cylinder includes two parts, an outer cylinder 16 and an inner cylinder 15. The inner cylinder is fixed on the annular cylinder 13. The vent hole at its lower end communicates with the annular cylinder. The upper end of the external air is provided with a bottle holding plate 5 and a bottle holding fork 6, and the lower back is equipped with a raised head of a lifting guide wheel. When compressed air is supplied to the inner cylinder, the outer cylinder rises freely, raising the bottle against the filling valve. The air pressure used by the container raising cylinder is 2.5xPa~4xPa. On the bottom plate of the bottle inlet and outlet positions, the container outlet curve plate 10 is fixedly installed. The curvature radius of the plate surface is concentric with the rotating filling machine platform. When the container is discharged, the container discharge dial touches the inclined surface on the right side of the board, and the lifting cylinder is pressed down to descend. At the same time, the compressed air in the bottle-lifting cylinder flows into the annular steam. The holder drops to enter the filling machine platform and then is sent to the capping machine by the container star wheel.
Schematic diagram of bottle lifting mechanism
1. Square knife bar 2. Guide rail 3. Round nut 4. Guide rod head 5. Bottle tray 6. Bottle holding fork 7. Bottle holder 8. Cylinder head 9. Vent pipe 10. Bottle outlet curve plate 11. Lifting guide Wheel 12. Outlet guide wheel 13. Ring cylinder 14. Guide ring 15. Inner cylinder liner 16. Outer cylinder liner
4. Filling valve
1) Principle of equal pressure filling
Isobaric canning first inflates the packaging container to make the pressure equal to the gas phase pressure in the liquid storage tank, open the liquid inlet, and flow into the packaging container under the weight of the liquid. The basic procedure is shown in Figure 3-30. Show.
Schematic diagram of isobaric filling process
1. Liquid inlet pipe 2. Inlet pipe 3. Cock 4. Exhaust pipe
(1) Inflation and equal pressure. Connect the air inlet pipe 2, and the gas in the liquid storage tank is filled into the bottle until the air pressure in the bottle is equal to the air pressure in the liquid storage tank.
(2) Inlet liquid and return air. The liquid inlet pipe 1 and the exhaust pipe 4 are connected. The liquid in the liquid storage tank flows into the bottle through the liquid inlet pipe 1. The gas in the bottle is discharged into the space of the liquid storage tank through the exhaust pipe 4. When the liquid level in the bottle rises to &, the orifice of the exhaust pipe 4 is submerged, and the gas on the liquid level in the bottle cannot be discharged, the liquid level stops rising, and the liquid rises along the exhaust pipe 4 to the same level as the liquid storage tank So far, stop the irrigation.
(3) Exhaust pressure relief. The upper part of the bottle communicates with the gas chamber of the liquid storage tank using the air inlet pipe 2 and the exhaust pipe 4; the liquid in the exhaust pipe 4 flows into the bottle, the liquid level in the bottle rises to A2. The corresponding gas in the bottle runs along the air inlet pipe 2. Drain back into the liquid storage tank.
(4) Eliminate the remaining liquid. The cock 3 is turned to the liquid inlet pipe 1, the air inlet pipe 2 and the exhaust pipe 4 are separated from the liquid storage tank. When the bottle is lowered, the liquid in the liquid inlet pipe 1 at the lower part of the cock 3 flows into the bottle so that the liquid level in the bottle rises. Go to A3, complete all the filling processes.
2) The valve body structure and working principle of the filling valve
In the equal pressure filling machine, the filling valve used has a variety of structural forms, and the main “multi-movement” valve is mainly used. The characteristic is that when the valve is opened and closed, several movable parts are in the valve body. Do multiple reciprocating movements relative to the stationary component. According to the control fluid’s different opening and closing methods, it can be divided into two types: pneumatic and mechanical.
(1) Pneumatic filling valve. Figure 3-31 shows the structure diagram of the pneumatic multi-shift valve, and its working process is as follows.
Pneumatic multi-shift valve structure diagram
1. Air valve 2. Air valve sleeve 3. Liquid valve spring 4. Liquid valve 5. Liquid valve sleeve 6. Valve body 7. Valve closing spring 8. Valve closing button 9. Exhaust valve 10. Exhaust button 11. Exhaust Air valve cover 12. Guide column 13. Dispersion cover 14. Trachea 15. Centering cover 16. Bottle mouth sealing silicone pad 17. Spring 18. Lower liquid device 19. Continuous column 20. Liquid valve rubber pad 21. Lower push rod 22. Jumping ball 23. Spring seat 24. Stud 25. Valve spring 26. Push rod sleeve 27. Cover ring 28. Upper push rod 29. Valve fork
①Inflation and equal pressure. When the empty bottle is lifted by the bottle holder, the mouth of the bottle is first inserted into the centring cover 15 and contacts the bottle mouth sealing rubber gasket 16, and then continues to rise until the bottle mouth sealing rubber gasket 16 contacts the liquid valve rubber gasket 20 and is sealed. At the same time, the boss on the top surface of the middle cover pushes up the lower push rod 21, and then opens the air valve 1 through the jump ball 22 and the upper push rod 28, so that the compressed gas in the gas chamber of the liquid storage tank passes through the centre hole of the liquid valve 4 and the air pipe. 14 Enter into the bottle to be filled to complete the inflation and equal pressure process.
②Inlet liquid and return air to complete filling. After the air pressure of the liquid storage tank and the empty bottle reaches equilibrium, in this case, since the downward pressure of air valve 1 on the air valve sleeve 2 (which is integrated with the liquid valve) is relieved, the air pressure in the bottle is also increased. The upward pressure on the lower end of liquid valve 4 causes the liquid valve spring 3 to overcome the weight of the liquid valve and the liquid pressure on the upper part of the liquid valve to automatically open the liquid door. The bottle’s inner wall flows down to ensure the stability of the liquid flow, thereby reducing the foaming phenomenon. With the gradual rise of the liquid material in the bottle, the stored gas is forced to return to the liquid storage tank from the centre orifice of the trachea and the upper valve to complete the liquid and gas return process.
③Exhaust pressure relief. After the filling is completed, when the bottle is sent to the capping mechanism, the air pressure in the bottle must be slowly reduced to avoid a large number of bubbles when the pressure is relieved, and the loss of the liquor and the lack of quantification. The control cam fixed on the peripheral bracket of the liquid storage tank opens the exhaust valve 9 so that the compressed gas remaining in the bottleneck part is discharged from the exhaust nozzle to complete the exhaust pressure relief process.
④ Eliminate the remaining liquid. When the bottle is lowered by the bottle-falling mechanism, all the remaining liquid remaining in the centre hole of the air pipe 14 flows into the bottle. When the lower pushrod drops to the lower limit position because the valve closing button 8 is separated from the fixed cam, the jumping ball 22 is displaced to the left under the action of the spring so that the filling valve is restored to the initial position, and the entire filling process ends. At this point, the whole filling valve is restored to its original state.
(2) Mechanical filling valve. Figure 3-32 shows the structure of the mechanical multi-shift valve. The bottle to be filled is first lifted. The valve end sealing ring 10 is tightened so that the liquid valve core 8 and the lower liquid pipe 11 rises against the pressure of the liquid valve spring 9. At the same time, air pipe 5 is also lifted by the air valve spring 2 until it comes into contact with the lower end of the dish-shaped bolt 1. At this time, air hole 3 of the air pipe is just at the opening position of the air valve seat 4. It communicates with the gas phase space of the liquid storage tank, which is convenient for inflating (or pumping) the bottle. Then the lower liquid pipe continues to rise and disengages from the dispensing chamber 12, opens the liquid door (position shown in the figure), and starts the process of liquid inlet and gas return. When the bottle descends with the bottle holder, the gas valve and the liquid valve are closed. The sealing rubber gasket 6 on the upper part of the liquid valve core 8 is pressed on the liquid valve seat 7 again to prevent liquid leakage. Because the gas and liquid valve of this valve is controlled by the holding bottle mechanism to open sequentially, it is called a mechanical multi-shift valve. This valve does not use a highly demanding back pressure spring, has many sliding friction surfaces, and the flow path is tortuous. Therefore, it is not suitable for filling certain gas-containing liquid materials, such as beer.
Mechanical multi-shift valve structure diagram
1. Butterfly bolt 2. Air valve spring 3. Air hole 4. Air valve seat 5. Air pipe 6. Sealing rubber gasket 7. Liquid valve seat 8. Liquid valve core 9. Liquid valve spring 10. Valve end sealing ring 11. Lower Liquid pipe 12. Dispensing ring 13. Centering cover
3) Filling valve end structure and characteristics
The valve end structure of the filling valve is usually divided into two types: long pipe and short pipe.
(1) Long tube method. The liquid material enters the bottle through the central lower liquid pipe. The gas in the bottle is discharged through the annular gap formed between the central pipe and the bottle mouth. To prevent the splashing phenomenon when the liquid starts to enter the bottle and reduce the contact with the air, the lower liquid tube is inserted chiefly close to the bottom of the bottle, so it is called the long tube method. The advantage is that the filling is stable, and the oxygen content increases less. However, the cross-section of the liquid channel is small, and the bottle distance is significant. Although the bottle can be filled with liquid material, the amount of liquid is greatly affected by the insertion depth and the occupied volume of the lower liquid tube.
(2) Short tube method. The short tube method is different from the long tube method. Its central tube is used for inflating or venting. The liquid material is poured into the annular gap formed between the mouth of the central lower liquid tube. Because the depth of the air hole in the bottle is directly related to the liquid material quantitative, the central tube is usually inserted into the bottleneck part. In this method, the cross-section of the liquid channel and the periphery of the infiltration are relatively large, and the resistance to the liquid flow is correspondingly reduced. In addition, a dispersing cover is required in the centre tube near the neck of the bottleneck so that the liquid material can form a relatively stable flow along the bottle’s inner wall, but relatively In terms of contact with the air has increased.
When designing the valve end structure of the short pipe, care should be taken to keep the liquid door as close to the bottle mouth as possible and strive to reduce the gas storage in the bottleneck and its upper cavity so that it can be compressed as soon as possible to achieve air pressure balance. At the same time, it is required that the cross-section of the liquid outlet should not be too large to improve the interception speed and quantitative accuracy.
4) Filling valve opening and closing components
At present, the filling machine’s valve opening and closing components generally adopt the following structural forms.
(1) The valve is opened and closed by the bottle holding mechanism. Use the bottle holding mechanism and the lifting of the bottle to be filled to open and close (first open the gas valve), and open the liquid valve in the mechanical multi-movement valve. This method can be used for segmental control. The advantage is that there is no need to add a unique opening and closing mechanism that can guarantee no bottle no filling.
(2) The valve is opened and closed by a fixed stop. In practice, it is often used to control the movable part of the valve body to swing or move radially and axially. Therefore, for the rotary filling machine, it is generally required that the fixed stop is placed on the ring support (the position is adjustable) on the periphery of the turntable of the filling machine. To achieve the purpose of no bottle, no filling, some need to add pneumatic, electric or mechanical automatic control methods.
(3) The valve is opened and closed by the inflatable back pressure in the bottle. For the control principle, see the discussion of the pneumatic as mentioned above the multi-shift valve. The main advantage is that it can ensure that the bottle does not leak when it is broken or broken (under inflation) so that the bottle filling can be carried out stably and typically. However, the back pressure spring for closing this kind of valve has higher requirements in terms of design or manufacturing, which brings specific difficulties to popularization and application.
5) Sealing element of filling valve
Since the filling valve is essentially a switch on the fluid path, it must be ensured that there is no air or liquid leakage to the outside. Therefore, the contact surface of the valve opening and closing position, the moving surface of the valve core relative to the valve seat, the assembly surface of the valve body and the liquid storage tank, and the pressing surface of the valve end and the bottle mouth, etc., all need to adopt corresponding sealing structures. . Common sealing structures generally have two forms: flat and cylindrical.
(1) Plane type. In the filling valve, the contact surface is compressed and sealed with a sealing material. The sealing force is adjusted by changing the pressing force. Generally speaking, the effect is better, and it can be replaced after wear to prolong the valve’s service life. The pneumatic multi-shift valve is shown in Figure 3-31. Rubber cushions are arranged at the valves of air valve 1 and liquid valve 4. They are respectively sealed with the aid of the pressing spring force. High-hardness edible rubber is commonly used for sealing rubber pads, and its hardness is 70° ~ 90° Shore.
(2) Cylindrical surface type. In the filling valve, the relatively moving cylindrical surface is generally sealed for self-sealing. The self-sealing seal gives the sealing material an appropriate amount of pre-compression during assembly and uses its elastic restoring force to compress and seal the sealing surface. However, the pre-pressure should not be too large; otherwise, it will increase the frictional resistance during movement and accelerate the wear, and leakage will quickly occur after wear. For this, the sealing material should be replaced. The mechanical multi-shift valve shown in Figure 3-32 is a sealing structure that uses O-rings to obtain pre-compression. The upper and lower ends of the cylinder of the air pipe 5 and the valve seat 4 are equipped with O-rings. To prevent air leakage, an O-ring seal is also installed at the lower end of the cylindrical mating surface of the liquid valve core 8 and the liquid valve seat 7 to prevent liquid leakage.
Figure 3-33 shows the transmission system diagram of the GD-60 isobaric filling machine. The worm gear reducer at the lower part of the capping machine is driven by a speed-regulating motor via a V-belt. The worm gear 16 drives the capping gear 14 and the capping machine to rotate, and the capping gear 14 drives the right gear 13 to turn the bottle outlet star wheel. The differential pressure gear 14 drives gear 15 to spin the bottle-pressing star wheel. Gear 15 then moves gear 1 and gear 3 to rotate in turn, causing the liquid storage box 8, the bottle feeding star wheel 5 and the bottle feeding screw 4 to rotate.
Gears 13, 15 and 3 can be made of phenolic plastic, and gear 1 and gland gear 14 can be cast iron. Such a cast iron gear meshes with phenolic gear, reducing noise and wear on gear 1.
Diagram of Transmission System of Isobaric Filling Machine
1. Gear 2. Bottle holder cylinder 3. Gear 4. Bottle feeding screw 5. Gear 6. Bottle holder 7. Filling valve 8. Liquid tank 9. Star dial 10. Gland head 11. Cap supply mechanism 12. Star wheel 13. Gear 14. Gland gear 15. Gear 16. Worm gear
drop us a line